In 2021, Sorare’s team tripled in size, and the community expanded to over 1 million users in 180 countries and more than 230 partner global soccer teams. Ryan Cucchiaio, formerly SVP Digital at ESPN, and Michael Meltzer, former Senior Director of Strategic Ventures DraftKings, were recruited to strengthen the foothold in the United States.
In the first month of 2022, six new key components were also hired again in the US-based office:
- Kevin Fang: Senior Staff Software Engineer, formerly Senior Staff Software Engineer at Lyft
- Kathryn Hill: Product Director, formerly Associate Product Director at Draftkings
- Jeff Zullo: Product Director, formerly Director of Product Management at ESPN
- Everett Case: Sr. Product Manager, former Senior Product Manager at ESPN
- Paige Cutlip: Director of Content, formerly Head of Sports Media Partnerships at Meta
- Mark Nelson: Motion & Graphic Designer, formerly Social Media Designer at ESPN